Report – ‘Keeping the Door Open – Support to Young People Leaving Care’ took place on 7-8 October 2009.
The event was organised by the Council of the Baltic Sea States and the Lithuanian Ministry of Social Security and Labour in cooperation with the Council of Europe, UNICEF and SOS Children’s Villages International. In addition to young participants, it gathered policy makers, academics and practitioners from various areas in Europe, who were given a chance to discuss tools and methods to increase the quality and efficiency of support to young people leaving care. Plenary presentations, seminars and workshops helped participants to develop best practices and exchange views on the four main topics of the conference: emotional stability and social well-being, education, employment, and housing. The young people’s input to the conference programme was warmly welcomed.
- The Expert Group for Cooperation on Children at Risk, the EGCC presented this mapping, “Keeping the door open“, on the situation for young people leaving care in the 11 member countries to the CBSS.
- Perspectives from young people with care experience: What works for us. pdf_EN
- Outcomes for care leavers – what can we learn from Swedish national register studies? Professor Bo Vinnerljung pdf_EN
- Right to adequate housing: facing up to the challenges– Mr Kresimir Sokolic pdf_EN
- Guardian institution as an instrument of developing competence and socialization in Kalinigrad. Ludmila Vasiljeva pdf_RU
- Europe wide implementation of the Council of Europe Recommendation Rec 2005(5) on the Rights of Children in Institutions. Mr Bragi Gudbrandsson pdf_EN
- Recognising Gender Specifics when Supporting Young People Leaving Care. Ms Rasa Erentaite. pdf_EN
- Assessment of life skills and needs of adolescents on the verge of leaving out of home care. Rami Benbenishti. pdf_EN
- Working with families at Korzakov centre. Ganiya Zamaldinova and Nika Travnikova pdf_RU
- Life skills development program for kids in residential care using psychodrama. Evaldas Karmaza. pdf_EN
- Support and assistance to children and young people previously placed in care. Annika Öquist and Katarina Munier pdf_EN
- Aftercare in Norway – What recent research tells us. Anne Solberg pdf_EN
- Young persons on Education pdf_EN
- Empowering children – finding work after care. Pille Vaiksaar pdf_EN
- Support for Young people for development of the professional skills. Rūta Pabedinskienėpdf_LT
- Young persons on Employment pdf_EN
- The status of alumni of educational residential care settings in Israel.Rami Benbenishti pdf_EN
- Ponimanie NGO supporting children leaving care. Andrey Makhanko pdf_EN
- The perfect cake. Young people’s concluding remarks. pdf_EN