The third expert meeting was an inter-active working meeting of officials and specialists from the Baltic Sea Region and beyond. It engaged the participants in a critical review of the draft guidance report “Parenting for non-violent childhoods: Guidance on implementing the legal prohibition of corporal punishment through positive parenting”.
Moreover, the group of expert received input from children from the Estonian Union for Child Welfare on what it means to be a good parent.
Click on the image to see more photos.
Documents from the Meeting
- KIBB- an indicated programme example_ by Bengt Söderström
- Child Physical Abuse_by Doris Nilsson
- Parenting for non-violent childhoods_by Edda Vikar Gudmundsdottir
- The role of positive parenting programme in the implementation of legal ban on corporal punishment – Polish perspective_by Ewa Jarosz & Renata Szredzinska
- How to promote non violent parenting through positive parenting programmes – thougths from Poland_by Ewa Jarosz & Renata Szredinska
- Positive Discipline in Everyday Parenting_by Eva Bellander & Susanna Nordh
- Supporting Parenting Programmes in Finland_by Jukka Mäkelä
- Parental Interventions_by Staffan Janson
- Do parents of adolescents request the same universal parental support as parents of younger children?_by Ulf Axberg
- Norwegian online tool – how to speak with children: https://snakkemedbarn.no
- Norwegian forum for parent questions: https://bufdir.no/Foreldrehverdag/
- Swedish report (cf. Staffan Janson’s presentation): http://www.sbu.se/sv/publikationer/SBU-utvarderar/oppenvardsinsatser-for-familjer-dar-barn-utsatts-for-vald-och-forsummelse/
- Child Physical Abuse: A Pilot Study by Ceclia Kjellgren, Carl Göran & Doris Nilsson: http://www.allmannabarnhuset.se/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Artikel_sv_Pilotstudie_KIBB.pdf
- Stop it now! Campaign: https://www.stopitnow.org.uk/
- Johanna Thulin and Cecilia Kjellgren – Treatment in Barnahus: Implementing Combined Treatment for Children and Parents in Physical Abuse Cases