Pictured: Bragi Guðbrandsson and Chris Newlin.
Bragi Guðbrandsson had a keynote speech and several PROMISE partner representatives presented the different aspects of the Barnahus model. As a result, many countries showed interest and the city of the Hague, the Netherlands announced the planned launch of their first Barnahus by January 2019.
Keynote: The Road We Travel: Current trends toward convergence of child abuse response – Bragi Guðbrandsson, Director General, Iceland, and Chris Newlin, Executive Director, National Children‘s Advocacy Center, USA
- The European Barnahus Standards – Bragi Guðbrandsson
- PROMISE Promoting the Barnahus in Europe – Turid Heiberg
- The medical investigation as part of the assessment – Andrea Goddard
- Forensic interviews – what we have learned – Ólöf Ásta Farestveit
- Addressing children’s needs and establishing services in Croatia – Prof. Gordana Buljan Flander, PhD
- The Dutch approach MDCK and MDA++ – Janet van Bavel